Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Reading Thing



This is a challenge that I have participated in before on my own personal blog, but since I have kind of abandoned that blog, but still want to do the challenge, I am putting my "teacher spin" on it. You can read about the basics of the challenge here or you can click here to see others who are participating.

I am planning on keeping my list pretty simple this year since I have a ginormous amount of reading to do for my masters program. My goal is to read six Newbery Medal books - that is, two a month for each month of the challenge. This will also help me out with my own personal Newbery Reading Challenge. I may change my mind as to which exact books, but here is my tentative list:

1.) 1941: Call it Courage by Armstrong Sperry FINISHED 03/24/11
2.) 1988: Lincon: A Photobiography by Russell Freedman
3.) 1997: The View from Saturday by EL Konigsburg
4.) 2000: Bud, Not Buddy by Christoper Paul Curtis
5.) 2004: The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Dicamillo
6.) 2011: Moon over Manifest by Clare Vanderpool

Wish me luck and check back for my progress and reviews!

Update June 20, 2011:

Well, I got discouraged. I checked out the audio cd's for Moon Over Manifest. The book was going okay... until I got one of the cd's stuck in my car's cd player. And, almost six weeks later, it is still there. I am getting ready to be unable to renew it. I think my husband may have to take the entire dash off of the car to get it out. Ugh. I consider this Spring Reading Thing to be a big, fat, fail for me! Oh well, better luck when Fall into Reading comes around...

1 comment:

  1. Love your goals! My tween has read Bud, Not Buddy and Despereaux, and I keep meaning to introduce him to EL Konigsburg. Thanks for joining SRT '11!

    ReplyDelete