Wednesday, February 2, 2011

WKU Lady Toppers Game

Today every third-sixth grader in the County and City School District were invited to a Lady Toppers Basketball game. We're talking 6,000+ kids here!!

I'll admit - I wasn't exactly excited about the prospect of missing another entire day of instruction just to watch a basketball game - all of these snow days have really put us behind! I was also nervous about keeping up with all of my kids at Diddle Arena, especially since I knew there would be a big crowd as we found our seats, used the restroom, and even visited the concession stand.

But all of my worries were for nothing. The day was smooth sailing! Western did an amazing job getting us all in and out of there. The concession lines were a little long, but I guess there was not really much that could be done about that. None of my kids even asked me to use the bathroom! I think they were having too good of a time watching the Lady Toppers win and waving their complimentary red towels they received as they entered the arena. It was a great experience for my kids, especially the ones who do not usually get to attend things like this with their families.

I am going to take some of the stats from the game and integrate them into our Data Analysis unit. But honestly, even if I have to stretch to tie it to core content, I really think it was worth missing "instructional time" to see my kids have such a good time with each other. Photos were taken from my iPhone, so I apologize that they are not the highest quality.





Did any other readers go to the game?? Did your kids have as much fun as mine??

No comments:

Post a Comment